Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Easiest Amigurumi Easter Chick - Pattern
- Medium weight yarn (yellow, orange and white)
- Felt (dark colour)
- Yarn Needle
- Blush from your makeup box (or other powder colouring)
- US H8 (5mm)
- Height: 2.25 inches (5.7cm), with rabbit ear straight up: 3.75 inches (9.5cm)
- Width: 1.75 x 1.75 inches (4.5 x 4.5cm)
Body [Colour: yellow]
Rnd 1: 7 sc in a ring (7)
Rnd 2: 2 sc in each st around (14)
Rnd 3: *sc in next st, 2 sc in next st* around (21)
Rnd 4: *sc in next 2 st, 2 sc in next st* around (28)
Rnd 5-9: sc in each st around (28)
Rnd 10: *dec, sc in each of next 2 st* around (21)
Rnd 11: sc in each st around (21)
Rnd 12: *dec, sc in each of next 1 st* around (14)
(Stuff more fiberfill if needed)
Rnd 13: *dec* around (7)
Beak: [Colour: orange]
Rnd 1: 7 sc in a ring. (7)
Rabbit Ears: [Colour: white]
Rnd 1: 6 sc in a ring (6)
Rnd 2-5: sc in each st around (6)
Rabbit Ears Base: [Colour: white]
Foundation chain: Ch 7,
Row 1: Sc in 2nd then sc in each sc across (5). fasten off.
- fold the beak in half and sew the folded side onto the body.
- Cut felt into two circles and glue onto the body beside the beak
- you can also embroider the eyes with yarn or using buttons.
- Embroider feet on the body.
- Sew rabbit ears to the base, and then sew it on the head.
- Using blush or colouring to colour the ear (optional)
You can also make other accessories other than rabbit ears, or no accessories at all.
and you can make them with a different characteristic with different size of eyes and/or feet size.
have a fun easter! :D